Tahoma Literary Review
There are presently no open calls for submissions.
When your submission is complete you will be redirected to the TLR Shop, where you can download a digital copy of our current issue for free.
- Submissions of poetry, fiction, flash fiction, nonfiction, and flash nonfiction for our 11th reading period will be open in August, 2017.
- We offer options in prose for basic feedback, as well as full critiques for fiction and flash fiction.
- For fiction submissions, please submit one short story or novel
excerpt between 2,000 and 10,000 words, double-spaced. Please use Times
or Times Roman, 12 point type with one inch margins.
- For poetry submissions, please submit 3 to 6 poems in a single document. There are no length restrictions on individual poems.
- For nonfiction submissions, please submit one nonfiction piece between 2,000 and 6,000 words, double-spaced. Please use Times
or Times Roman, 12 point type with one inch margins. Word or pdf files
- For flash fiction or flash nonfiction, please submit 1 or 2 pieces in a single document. Maximum 2,000 words total.
- We do not accept previously published material. This includes publication in any public venue, including print, web, and personal blogs, regardless of how widely circulated the publication may have been.
- Simultaneous submissions are accepted.
- If your work is accepted elsewhere while it is still under consideration at TLR, let us know where, and we will open your submission so you can upload a different file without having to pay the submission fee.
- If you need to withdraw a single poem from consideration, please notify us via our Contact form (do not use the Submittable “withdraw” feature unless you wish to withdraw all of your poems).
- Please wait to hear back from us before submitting again.
- If your work has appeared in TLR, please wait at least one submission period before submitting to us again.
- At this time, we do not publish screenplays, translations, or reviews. Check back for changes to this policy.
- Cover letters are welcome, and we enjoy reading them. Please include a brief bio in your cover letter.