The Full Critique
In fiction, we offer a full critique of your submission from a highly qualified reader. We vet these readers carefully, and have chosen those who are gifted at and enthusiastic about the critique process. They are paid a significant portion of the full-critique fee.
With a full critique you will receive an editorial letter that details your submission’s strengths and potential next steps.
If your story is:
- 1-1,499 words (i.e., flash fiction), the price for a full critique is $50.
- 1,500 to 4,999 words, the price for a full critique is $60.
- 5,000 to 6,000 words, the price for a full critique is $70.
Here’s what submitters who chose the full critique had to say:
- “Your comments inspired me to roll my sleeves back up and get to work. I didn’t realize this until now, but on some level I’ve been worrying about the very thing you pointed out.” – David Cameron
- “Thank you for this incredibly helpful review of my work. You have helped me see how to pare down the content and pursue the central theme.” – Leia Menlove
- “Thank you so much for your comprehensive and thoughtful critique of my story. You've given me much to think about. I appreciate your directness and candor and am eager to take on the challenges you've laid out.” – Barbara Shomaker
Comparable critiques from independent editors can cost over $100. For all critique levels, should your story be accepted, you will be refunded up to the standard submission fee.
To receive a full critique, please select the appropriate category from the dropdown menu.